Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lists: a series of words, or items written one after the other...

I love lists, as I'm sure a lot of other people also do. Lists can be apart of every aspect of your life and not just take the form of the age-old shopping list! For instance, here is a sample of some of my own personal, and very real lists:

Things to do before I die:
1. Procreate - at least once, preferably twice
2. Travel to Mongolia with my parents
3. Have a kitten and a puppy at the same time and watch them grow up together

Things to remember to pack for Norway:
1. ghd
2. GHD
3. Uggboots

Fav food:
1. Blue cheese & quince jelly topped off with a basil leaf
2. Blue cheese
3. Soup

Top crushes of my childhood:
1. JTT aka Johnathan Taylor Thomas (whatever happened to that spunk of a specimen?)
2. Captain Planet (he was a hero, and was gonna take pollution down to zero...)
3. Doogie Howser (wow Doogie, you're like, a Doctor?!)

However, recent events has had me discover that such prose can lead thee to unravel the mystries of the white race - race, as in a human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics - and not like a "ready - set - white people run!" kinda race. It's true. Do YOU know what stuff white people like? Some of my favourite learnings include the following:

#4 Assists (just not tall enough are you?)
#116 Black music that black people don't listen to anymore (so true)
#67 Standing still at concerts (shame on you)
#23 Microbreweries (you know you secretly like Tui...admit it!)
#11 Asian girls (whoohoo!)

View the full list here: http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/full-list-of-stuff-white-people-like/


And in light of this inspirational and utterly informative list, I'd like to attempt a top 3 for my species. The female species that is: What women want (not in the Mel Gisbon kinda way though, ew). Please feel free to comment, amend, and suggest:

1. Him to text her back!!!! (do you have no compassion?!)
2. We don't know what we want...
3. We want what she's got
(4. A big rock, babies, that house, job, Manolos, manicure...)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love that website, actually bought my friend the book for Christmas last year!! And am totally a list girl too.

    You love Doogie Howser?? I never watched that show but adore Neil Patrick Harris in How I Met Your Mother.

    ReplyDelete